Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Dennis Family


Dennis Family
Originally uploaded by Devona.
I have a really large family. My mother was divorced and remarried when I was young, so I essentially have two fathers. This is a picture of my biological family. My grandparents, better known as "Nina and Papa" have been the most loving extended family I have. That's them here in this picture with all their grand and great-grand (Just Olivia) kids.

We just had the great pleasure of visiting the whole Dennis family for a short family reunion in Florida, in the sun, over the past weekend. It was amazing. I haven't been around my family as an adult before since everyone lives so far away, so it was exciting to get to know them with out constantly being concerned with how they are going to entertain me.

Besides my dad, no one had met Liv. So Liv got to know my aunt Lisa and her family from Olympia Washington and her Great Nina and Papa from Florida, and my dad's wife Lori all in one weekend. That's pretty impressive if you ask me!

Coming home from such an awesome weekend I learned about how even though I haven't spent much time with these people in my life, they are a huge part of who I am. I have the "Hutchinson Toe," which only makes sense if you're a part of my family (don't worry it's not gross). And I am trilled about private buisness because of my Papa's entrepreneurial spirit. I also get my argumentativeness from them. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

All this to say I had a great time, it was a very gestalt experience and I feel connected to the greater whole now. Thanks, Family, for being so inviting, and showing us such a great time. We can't wait to visit again.