Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

By request...

Ellie requested that I post my jambalya recipe on our blog. It's out of the ordinary for us L&Bers, but since the late great Tipi could post recipes, so can I. (I miss Twylah.)

So here's my recipe.

Jambalya.

1/2 green pepper
2 stalks celery
1/2 chite onion
1 can diced tomatos
1 can chicken broth
1 diced hot green chili pepper
2/3 cup white rice uncooked
one bay leaf
thyme to taste
1 package precooked smoked sausage (I use Pepridge[sp?] Farm)

1) First dice and sautee the green pepper, celery, and onion in an electric skillet on high, or in a lrge saucepan.

2) Add the Diced tomatoes, broth, chili pepper, rice, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is soft, about 25 to 30 minutes.

3) Cube or slice sausage, add to mixture and heat for about 5 to 10 minutes until heated through. You can substitute chicken, but it's not as flavorful.

Makes about 4 servings.

If anyone tries it let me know what you think. If you like getting m recipes here, let me know that too. If you think we should stick to theology and baby pictures, let us know, but do it nicely!