Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Another Post from Devona, signed in as Rob

The time has come, the baby will be here very soon. The doctor has scheduled an appointment for me to be induced at 8:30 pm tomorrow. They're going to try to use as little medical intervention as possible and see if things get going on their own with a kick start. That's really good because I really want to have a natural birth if I can.

The deal is to arrive at the hospital around 8 or so, and then they'll use this gel to get my body ready to start having contractions. That could take up to 8 hours, so I'm gonna get the treatment, and then spend the night at the hospital. Hopefully I'll get a few hours of sleep before things get rolling.

If things don't progress on their own by morning, then I'll be given the pitocin drip, and things should definitely get going from there. Pray for us that I don't need the pitocin, though, because it really makes me nervous.

We'll be sure to keep everyone updated, since we've all been waiting so long. Sorry that we don't have any exciting "last minute before we leave for the hospital after Devona's water broke in the middle of the night" posts. But at least we'll all know a rough time frame of when to check for the new baby's arrival!

Hooray! The end is in sight.