Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Hands of God

Yesterday and today have been really tough days for me. It's really hard to be over due, and chase around a toddler and a dog. And do laundry. And vacuum. And wash the dishes...

You get where I'm going with this, right? I'm pretty tired of being pregnant.

Yesterday I was at my most despairing. I cried a whole lot while Rob got ready for work because I didn't want him to go. He had to go though, it is his vocation to work diligently and take care of our family, just as much as it is my vocation to gestate this baby as long as it needs to cook.

That's one of the reasons that I was so depressed. I wasn't taking any delight in my God-given vocation, and I was selfishly wanting Rob to forsake his as well. I knew that I was sinning in my selfishness, and I didn't even want to be repentant.

Talk about Oh, Me-of-little-faith.

But, the God of Mercy meets my needs even when I am being wretched and unfaithful to Him. The Lord sent me exactly the help I needed yesterday. He extended His hand to me through my non-believing neighbors as they fulfilled their neighborly vocation.

The people who are watching our dog when we have the baby called and asked if I would let them borrow Sherman so that he would wrestle with their dog and wear her out. And when she stopped by to pick him up I decided to drive down to her house and pay a visit with her.

My loneliness was satisfied, and my dog was pooped out for the whole evening and I got to take a break from my hectic schedule and flop around on the couch. Praise be to God that He is faithful, and truly does deliver exactly what we need.