Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The other family pet

Sherman is being made a perpetual puppy today, and he's going to be gone over night. As much as he drives me crazy, I miss him.

Since I have time to just sit around and do nothing (No dog means I can actually do house work when Olivia is awake) while Olivia naps I thought I'd write a little purpose-less blog about the squirrel that visits me every day.

I sit at the computer for an hour every day, from 1 to 2 to recharge while Sherman and Olivia nap. It keeps me sane. For the past 3 weeks, every day during this hour I hear what sounds like a rock bouncing off of little wooden planks, and then some scratching. Then I look out the office window onto the deck and there is the same little squirrel, climbing across the deck, going to the same neighbor's yard.

He's really cute. I wonder if I should leave a little treat out there for him since I know he's coming?

(Hahahahaha! He just chased another squirrel away from our yard. As I was typing this.)

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Perhaps, since I can pretty much expect him now, I will keep our camera handy and see if he'll pose for a picture.