Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Monday, January 16, 2006

New relationship

It's amazing how I have already developed a different kind of relationship with the newest Brazier.

Olivia's pregnancy was all encompassing. I worried and wondered over every twinge of pain and every unusual craving. I could not think of anything else.

This time around I really only think about the new Baby when I'm not busy with other things. In fact often, when I do think of this Baby I am more or less remembering what it was like at this point with Olivia. Sometimes I even feel like I'm pregnant with Olivia all over again.

I know that things will be much different through the stages of pregnancy. Like now it's a sort of disbelief. But as my body grows with the Baby inside it, I will begin to connect with the new Baby more. And then as the Baby begins to move and I can see it through my skin, I will start to feel more like the Baby is thriving on my nurturing and has started to communicate back. And then, finally when I've swollen to the point that I just can't take it anymore I'll be dying to meet the new Baby. By then, the new Baby will be so cramped up and will have been hearing us have fun out here for so long that he/she will be dying to come out and meet us face to face.

That will probably be a lot more similar to meeting Olivia than these early stages of pregnancy are alike. Olivia will always be the oldest, but she is no longer the only.