Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yes Yes Yes!

Kelly's blog, which I've been reading for about a month now, has a good post up about children's church.

I'm going to be bold here and get people mad, but I think that it is the work of Satan that has convinced us that it is a good idea to send our children away during the Divine Service. It isn't just a bad idea, but it is starving our children of the very Grace they need. Our children NEED to hear the Word of God, we should be teaching it to them at home, and they should absolutely be in the Divine Service receiving it.

Matthew 18:1-6

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. (emphasis mine)