Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Forgive as you have been forgiven

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
2 Corinthians 1: 3-5

Thanks be to God. It is a blessing to have been forgiven of our sins. And the thankfulness and joy that one receives from being forgiven flows over.

I am thankful that I have been able to be a comfort and a friend to people I know who are hurting because of their sins. I am thankful that because I have been forgiven much, I am able to speak much forgiveness to those who need to hear it.

To those who are hurting today, know that there is eternal life despite our wickedness. Know that although we have not been perfect, there is a solution. Jesus Christ, the God-Man, has been born to live a perfect life. He has died a sacrificial death in our place, and therefore imputes his righteousness to us. He has risen and conquered death so that those who are in Him will not need to fear its sting.

We will be risen up on that day to live in glory with our Father. Thanks be to God that I know this is true. Thanks that I am able to proclaim it because it has first been proclaimed to me.