Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The self feeding baby that talks and walks


Self feeding Baby
Originally uploaded by Devona.
You might be able to see those teeth that she broke through on the bottom in this picture if you look closely.
Olivia is a master of both eating and dexterity. Heck she's even a master of verbality. Is that a word?

She can pick up her food and put it in her mouth all by herself as long as the food is not slippery. She's also left handed as far as I can tell. That would be a trait passed down from Mary, Rob's mom. She loves food. All food. As a 7 month old baby she's eaten carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, hummus, guacamole, zucchini, bananas, apples, greenbeans, and sometimes eats those things mentioned above seasoned with garlic and sesame. She's crazy! Today we were at the mall during lunch time when I hadn't expected to be, so I went to a place in the food court and we split a lunch. I had pizza and she had the side of mixed veggies. I cut the little pieces of zucchini and carrots into bite sized chunks and she ate them up. She even chewed with her little teeth. It was very cute.

She is also saying "Dada," and sometimes singing it. She has only said "Ma" once. It was when I went into her room after she woke up from a nap. When she saw me she said, "Ma!" and never mentioned it again. "Dada" on the other hand is the talk of the town. A normal Olivia sentence is, "Dada, Dayadaya, Ga Da Ya Ga Ya Ya Ya Ya." It's very sweet to listen to. The other evening Rob, Olivia and I were hanging out in our bed getting ready to read a story and put Liv in her crib and we were all talking. Rob said, "O-LIV-I-A, can you say that?" over and over. Then Olivia replied, "O-O-VI-A." I kid you not. This was also a once time only performance along with "Ma."

And if I haven't bragged on my baby enough in one post, I have one more little announcement. Olivia will not crawl, but she really likes standing up and hanging on to the furniture. She'll even walk across the room if you hold her hands. She's super-baby.

OK, that's enough Mom-Pride for one day. I hope you enjoy the picture!