Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Proverbs 31 Woman

I am in no way a Bible scholar, but I just came across this and I thought I'd share. I was recently accused of not trying hard enough to be the Proverbs 31 woman. Admittedly, I've never even read it before so I didn't really know how to argue with it. So, I did what anyone would do and I looked it up on BibleGateway.com while I was surfing blogs.

This is probably glaringly obvious to the rest of the world, but it's new to me. It seems to me that this passage is definitely a Law passage, "what a wonderful wife is like, and how to live if you want to be one." But more than that I think it is a prophecy of the Bride of Christ, namely, The Church.

My first clue?

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.


That would be: clothed in the blood of Christ. How awesome that Jesus would speak so highly of us, his lowly bride.

Like I said this is probably plain as day to the rest of the world, but it's new to me.

[Michael Myers Impression] The Proverbs 31 woman is not an obtainable standard, nor should woman try to convince each other it is. Discuss...[/Michael Myers Impression]

Post Script.

As I was finishing up my post Rob informed me that John H. was saying something along this same wave length over here.