Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mrs. Brazier

It is one thing to be called Mrs. Brazier by strangers that are the same age as me. It is a totally different thing to be called Mrs. Brazier by one of my sister-in-law's first grade friends.

I really thought that she was mistaking me for Rob's mom. Then it occurred to me that I am Mrs. Brazier. Scarier still, I'm a mom. I'm old. I spend my time wondering if the next car I buy is going to be a minivan. I look forward to coaching under 6 soccer (*cough* football).

This coupled with that phantom gray hair I discovered on Monday, and my recent crippling back injury make me want to go buy a plot in a cemetery just in case.

So, just to feel good about myself, I'm going to make a brief list of all the reasons I'm still young and cool:
  • I like cool music by bands from which the members are still alive and they're still performing regularly
  • I have tattoos, and they don't look all stretched and faded
  • I can wear sequins and look fashionable
  • When I don't have Olivia with me I get carded for alcohol
  • I think that I'm right most of the time, and that the older generation is just doing everything wrong
  • I still sing at the top of my lungs

I think that's enough to make me feel better. Phew!