It is one thing to be called Mrs. Brazier by strangers that are the same age as me. It is a totally different thing to be called Mrs. Brazier by one of my sister-in-law's first grade friends.
I really thought that she was mistaking me for Rob's mom. Then it occurred to me that I am Mrs. Brazier. Scarier still, I'm a mom. I'm old. I spend my time wondering if the next car I buy is going to be a minivan. I look forward to coaching under 6 soccer (*cough* football).
This coupled with that phantom gray hair I discovered on Monday, and my recent crippling back injury make me want to go buy a plot in a cemetery just in case.
So, just to feel good about myself, I'm going to make a brief list of all the reasons I'm still young and cool:
- I like cool music by bands from which the members are still alive and they're still performing regularly
- I have tattoos, and they don't look all stretched and faded
- I can wear sequins and look fashionable
- When I don't have Olivia with me I get carded for alcohol
- I think that I'm right most of the time, and that the older generation is just doing everything wrong
- I still sing at the top of my lungs
I think that's enough to make me feel better. Phew!