Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Yea! Back to class.

January 18th is the big day. I go back to school. I'm a bit nervous, and I don't want to leave my sweet baby without me, but it must be done.

I'll be taking two classes:

1. Middle English Literature-- Study of genres, topics, styles and writers of the Middle English literary works from 12th to 15th Centuries. Readings in Middle English.

2. English Literature I-- Studies in English literature from Old English to 1800, with emphasis upon specific representative works and upon the cultural and intellectual background which produced them. Literature to be read will include both major and minor poetry, prose and drama.

Yes, I know. These seem like similar classes. They are, but it is not without purpose. I need a senior level class, and class #1 is just that. Also, class #2 is a requirement of my degree. Plus, a lot of the texts overlap, so I thought it would be good to take them together. It will help me get more out of what I study, and I will be able to consolidate study time (I hope). Also, Middle English is really fun to learn. I took Chaucer last spring with the same professor and I loved it.

Plus, this professor is my favorite, and he's the head of admissions for the graduate program at my school. Not like I'm ever going to get my Master's Degree, but if I did, it would probably be from this school, so it's a good idea to get to know this guy well. Not to brag (OK, I guess it is to brag) but when I took Chaucer from him he asked me to make copies of my paper for him to keep. He said he wanted to use it to teach from later because I had taught him a few things he didn't want to forget. I was juxtaposing the Pardoner's Tale, and the Parson's Tale. The title was, "On Par with the Parson and the Pardoner." OK that's enough about a paper no one cares about, hehe.

So, anyway, this is my mundane post about nothing too exciting. I hope you all like it. And I also hope that you all make sure that I do my homework. That's really important. Maybe I'll post some of the drafts to my papers or something so everyone can see what I'm up to. Would that be fun? It's up to you guys. Just let me know...