Would you like to read more than stories of our kids? Visit the other blog.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Measure twice. Cut once.


Measure twice. Cut once.
Originally uploaded by Devona.
Rob left me alone with no car while he went to work every day this week. Then our G5 broke unexpectedly. I had nothing to do and no where to go.

Olivia has been pulling my hair for months now. It's really aggrivating. And then to top it all off, on Thursday I had a knot in my hair about the size of a quarter.

In my boredom and desperation I cut off all my hair with the scissors that I use to trim Rob's gotee. That's right. In the bathroom, during Olivia's nap.

It looked really bad.

Then Olivia woke up and cried because she couldn't recognize me. I had made a really bad choice, and she was surely letting me know.

Fortunately she got over it, but my head still looked like I had gotten into a argument with a lawn mower.

To fix it I went to Famous Hair and paid $15.00 to get it evened out. Now I have the shortest hair I've ever had in my life.

Rob told me that I have to put little notes on all the scissors in our house now that say, "Measure twice. Cut once," so that I'll take a minute and think before I do anything this impulsive again.

I think I learned my lesson.